It is not uncommon in sacred scriptures from India that the composer puts his name in the last verse.
We can see it in the most famous Hanuman Chalisa where the great saint poet Tulsidas added his name in the last verse.
40. Tulsidās sadā Hari cherā , Kije nāth hriday mahan derā
40. For this Tulsidas, the eternal servant of the Lord, O Lord remain forever in his heart
The Chalisa is written about 500 years back. Every Hindu child is being thought to recite this and many do so every day. By now it must have been chanted billions of times by millions of people through the centuries. For ever grateful to Tulsidas Maharaj for composing this most inspiring work.
Likewise Shi Mahendra Maharaj who composed the Haidakhandeshwari Aarti only around 60 years ago.
He also appears in the last verse ;
9. Shri charanāshrit tap khāni Tapobal āni e Maiya tapobal āni e. riddhi siddhi ki dāni (x2) Jay Jagdambe Shive. Om Jay Jagdambe Shivē
9. Shri Charanashrita, (Name of Shri Mahendra Baba) called upon Thee through his spiritual strength Thou donor of prosperity and perfection
9. Mahā mārtaņda rūpena mohadvānta vināshakah. Sarva bhūtatma rūpoasi mahendrasya cha jivamam.
9. Thou art great like the sun dispelling the darkness of illusion. Thou art the soul of all beings, Thou art the very life of Mahendra
Bhole Baba ki Jai !
Paramguru Shri Mahendra Maharaj ki Jai !
To celebrate that fact let’s repeat the essence of His Aarti now.
Shri Munindra Sukta
1. Om Kailāsh girivare ramye
nivasantam sushānti bhih
Tam munim satatam vande
sātā kārūņya rupiņam
2. yasya smaraņ mātreņā
siddho bhavati sādhakah
Sadgurum tamham vande
3. Yasya kripā katākeņa
dhanyo bhavati mānavah
4. Komalam hridayam yasya
komalam yasya bhāshanam
Dondoapi komalo yasya
5. Drihtim dayāmayim kritvā
yah pashyati charācharam
6. Sadguru sadgunā dhāro
Satyam Param Chidānandam
Sansmarāmi hi sarvadā
7. Harireva harerbhakto
Harer nāmāmritam pitvā
harer dhām param brajet
8. Yo dadāti cha bālānam
sadgyānam tu sudurlabham
Sarva sādhan hinopi
9. Mahā mārtaņda rūpena
Sarva bhūtatma rūpoasi
mahendrasya cha jivamam
Shri Haidakhan Bhagwan ki Jai!
If you are unable to sing the Aarti every day, do yourself and the world a favour in bringing the Light on earth and repeat at least these 9 sloka’s daily.
- Residing peacefully on the beautiful mount Kailash Is that sage whose form always radiates compassion to Him I constantly bow
- By whose mere remembrance a devotee gains perfection to the ultimate Guru who resides in Hairakhan, to that One I bow
- By whose merciful look people become liberated to His holy feet I constantly bow
- I bow to Him whose heart is soft, whose speech is soft even whose punishment is soft, whose body is soft
- Thy vision is full of mercy Thou seest the moving and non moving universe Thou art always busy in doing good in the world Thou art free from attachment and jealousy
- Supreme Guru basis of all goods qualities whose true meaning is hard to reach even through meditation eternal Truth, Consciousness and Bliss, I always remember Thee
- Thou art Vishnu himself as well as a devotee of God Constantly meditating on God by drinking the nectar of God’s name one attains God’s holy eternal abode
- Thou givest to the ignorant true knowledge very difficult to attain I am without any spiritual practice, Thou art my only refuge
- Thou art great like the sun dispelling the darkness of illusion Thou art the soul of all beings,Thou art the very life of Mahendra.